spring

Monday, May 11, 2009

Chicago Trip

Two weeks ago Jared and I went (alone!) to Chicago. We had a great time. Well, Jared had a great time after Saturday morning. The reason we went was so he could take his Oral Board Exam. This was the last step in his Board Certification in Emergency Medicine. It wasn't much fun for him, but he said it went well. We had a lot of fun just hanging out with my sister, Claire, her husband Carl, and little Micah. Here are a few pictures from our trip.



The John Hancock tower.



The next few pictures are views of downtown Chicago taken from the top (94th floor!) of the John Hancock Tower.





Claire and I couldn't wait to get to the Ghirardelli Chocolate store! Two pregnant women surrounded by chocolate - we were in heaven!



These were our $8 ice cream sundae's. Expensive, but so worth it!


My adorable neice, Micah, at 9 months old. We had a great time playing with her while we were there. She is so easygoing and happy. And she loves to eat!

2 comments:

The Thomas Troops said...

Oh what fun for me to see a picture of you two beautiful ladies together! (Inside and out I will add)...

I love your family dearly...you were the first babies that God let me love all to myself! The first ones I sang to while I rocked, the first one that I whispered softly about my Saviours love into your precious ears...It's a special gift, to be able to love a baby. It's even more special to see them grow up! How pleased I am to see you both growing into the women God wants you to be.

You'll both love this and I'm going to put it right out here on the worldwide web...Sara is the first baby I ever saw be born (via video two years later) and Claire was the first person to tinkle on my lap! God used you astiny babes as preparation for what I'm doing right now. I wonder how God will be using your new babes? How He has already used them...

Isn't God good...to prepare us for so many things! God certainly used your parents, and their paitent love and wisdom, to prepare me. I will forever be grateful to your parents and all the time they took the to pour into my heart...What jewels they are.

I love you Sara. It's amazing that at that point in my life, really only a child myself at the time, yet already able to love and care for those coming up behind me. Grateful to those ahead of me giving me the opportunity.

Keep loving and serving our Jesus little one (the whispers will never cease)...

In Christ Alone,
Dinah

momma cobb said...

What? Claire's pregnant too?! How exciting!!